Clinical Coder (Ref No: 1348)
Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH offers its patients the highest level of medical care through pioneering onsite medical imaging, fully integrated digital operating theatres, an innovative research base and medical teams of professionals drawn from around the globe. Our specialities include Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Interventional Cardiology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Oncology, Robotics, Gastroenterology and Vascular – just to name a few. Documentation spans across integrated clinical information systems incorporating medical devices, pathology, radiology, electronic forms and progress notes.
We have exciting opportunity for a motivated and efficient full time Clinical Coder. Reporting to the Manager, Health Information Services you will be responsible for the accurate and timely coding of inpatient health care records according to developing/established coding procedures and standards. You will regularly monitor and evaluate coding statistics to ensure targets and key performance indicators are met.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Recognised Clinical Coding qualification or Degree qualified in Health Information
- Management/Medical Record Administration or equivalent competency through clinical coding experience
- Experience in computerised patient administration systems and applications including coding software
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Australian Coding Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and disease processes
Extensive knowledge of casemix, DRGs, and ICD-10
- Ability to work in a high performing, cohesive team
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.