The Monique and Doug Thompson Gamma Knife Fund enables patients, who otherwise would not be able to afford treatment, to receive financial support for Gamma Knife treatment at Macquarie University Hospital.
Any patient that is successful in receiving funding through the Fund will be required to repay the Hospital the total amount of the Medicare rebate received by the patient.
To be eligible for The Monique and Doug Thompson Gamma Knife Fund, you must meet the eligibility criteria in either A or B below:
A: A patient is eligible if he/she receives an Australian Government Centrelink benefit listed below:
- Aged Pension
- Carer’s Payment
- Commonwealth Concession Card from Veteran’s Affairs
- Disability Support Pension
- Family Tax Benefit Part A or B
- Health Care Card
- Low Income Family Supplement
- Newstart Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Rent Assistance
- Youth Allowance
B. A patient may be eligible if he / she does not receive an Australian Government Centrelink benefit listed above AND experiences financial hardship.
If this applies, the patient will be asked for the following information:
- Statement of financial hardship
- Documentary proof of financial hardship and/or low income status
- Family situation (details of dependents and carers, if relevant)
- Your accommodation: owner occupied, private rental, Government Department of Housing, other
- Do you own more than one property?