Registered Nurse – PACU (Recovery) (Ref No: 1337)
We have a number of exciting full time and part time opportunities for suitably experienced Registered Nurses to work in our PACU departments. Ideally, you will have experience in the perioperative environment with at least 3 years specifically in PACU.
Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modeled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within 2 minutes of the Macquarie University train station and the Macquarie shopping centre. There is both onsite and offsite parking available, with a bus stop just across the road. This makes your commute to work quick, easy and flexible.
MUH employees have access to various benefits including:
- A variety of shifts in PACU Monday to Friday to suit both part time and full time staff, including flexible rostering and shift times
- MUH offers salary sacrifice options and excellent salary packaging benefits (including venue hire, meals, entertainment and novated leasing) so you have great potential to maximize your income working for us
- Our enterprise agreement is competitive with other facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee wellness program
- Corporate private healthcare rates
- Enjoyable team social events
- The opportunity to apply for various scholarship opportunities and educational programs including a successful preceptor and up-skilling program for those looking to move between various specialties
- Macquarie University facilities including sporting facilities, gym and pool, and Macquarie University Childcare at a reduced staff rate
Recovery at MUH
The recovery department at Macquarie University Hospital supports 12 operating theatres, providing exposure to a wide variety of complex surgical cases and innovative procedures. You will have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge while working within a supportive team environment.
As the successful candidate, you will possess:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in New South Wales
- Sound theatre knowledge with a minimum 3 year experience in recovery
- Demonstrated ability to thinking critically and use initiative
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to establish sound relationships with peers and clients using a customer service focus
- Proven ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast paced environment
- High level of computer literacy
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.