Nurse Unit Manager – Sterilising Services Unit (SSU) (Ref No: 1333)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to be responsible for providing sterilising and infection control services to the hospital.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, Perioperative Services, the Nurse Unit Manager SSU (NUM SSU) will be responsible for the day to day management of the Sterilising Services Unit. This position is required to have extensive exposure to sterilising with proven experience managing staff. The NUM SSU will promote a culture that embraces best practice and identifies, evaluates and incorporates appropriate emerging trends within the unit
As the successful candidate you will possess or demonstrate:
- Previous experience as team leader or supervisor within a tertiary hospital (min. 7 years), previous experience supervising or managing a sterilising services unit will be highly regarded
- Management skills with ability to take initiative in resolving issues and problems
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Commitment to and working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Sound working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the requirements of Australian Standard ISO 9001:2015
- Sound working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the implementation of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards model for quality improvement
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels within the organisation and with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to operate in an environment of change
- Ability to meet deadlines, schedules, set goals / objectives and prioritise activities as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Sterilising and Infection Control, post-graduate qualifications such as a Sterilisation and Infection Control Certificate or Perioperative Services Certificate will be highly regarded
We offer fabulous employee benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close 13 July 2018.