Clinical Nurse Educator – Sterilising Services Unit (Ref No: 1278)
Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Registered Nurse to take up the role of Clinical Nurse Educator in the Sterilising Services Unit. The successful applicant must have experience facilitating the education of SSU staff, including competencies in compliance with ACHS standard 3.18 and AS 4187:2014, Infection Control, WHS and other compulsory eLearning competencies. The role will also involve supporting the SSU Manager in meeting target KPIs and the effective and efficient management of consumables and repair of general instruments.
The role will incorporate the following:
- Participation in the orientation and competency assessment of new staff to the hospital and SSU
- Participation in the education and mentorship program for staff
- Provision of a regular in-service programs to staff
- Supporting the Learning and Development department to achieve compliance with annual mandatory education and competency assessment of staff
- Participation in the Quality and audit program within SSU
- The role will also include effective and efficient management of general instrument repairs and management of SSU consumables
The following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in SSU as an educator and/or supervisor
- Previous education or teaching experience
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or working towards the same
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current registration as a Nurse in New South Wales or equivalent
- Current registration as appropriate (ACORN/GENCA/ACIPC)
- Sound knowledge of AS 4187:2014 and ACHS Standard 3.16/3.17/3.18
- Proven ability to coordinate staff to achieve compliance with annual mandatory competency requirements
- Demonstrated professional and positive behaviour
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to establish sound relationships with peers and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
- High level of computer literacy
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
- Priority access to Child Care facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.