Clinical Support Assistant – Ward 1 (Ref No: 1240)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic part time Clinical Support Assistant (approx. 24 hours per week). As the successful candidate, you will be required to assist with administrative duties including: general clerical duties, assistance with bed management, admission and discharge processes. Clinical duties will include room set up for post-operative patients, ordering patient meals and supporting nursing staff in the care of orthopaedic patients
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Administration &/or clinical experience within a medical or hospital environment
- Strong organisational skills with the proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- A proactive and positive problem-solving approach
- The ability to interact professionally with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills, be self-motivated and goal orientated
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a tea
- Strong IT skills
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.