Housekeeping Team Leader (Ref No: 1212)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and efficient Housekeeping Team Leader on a permanent part time basis.
This position is responsible for assigning cleaning areas to staff, carrying out daily inspections to ensure housekeeping staff are cleaning the premises effectively and ensuring that housekeeping staff follow health and safety procedures. This position is also responsible for training housekeeping staff and assisting with workload management
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Experience in customer service roles and experience leading or managing a team
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Extensive knowledge of cleaning techniques and demonstrated knowledge of the use of a variety of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Willingness to participate in quality control and departmental training programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise work load to meet schedules
- Knowledge of relevant processes, standards and legislation (i.e. infection control, conducting risk assessments, manual handling, hand hygiene standards, basic health and safety) will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in housekeeping services within a hospital environment will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working within a health environment is desirable
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.