Clinical Nurse Consultant, McGrath Breast Care (Ref No: 1341)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Consultant, McGrath Breast Care, on a 3 year fixed term contract on a part time basis. Reporting to the Nurse Manager Workforce and Leadership, the Clinical Nurse Consultant, McGrath Breast Care (CNC) will provide a complex and diverse nursing consultancy service to patients and health care teams across MQ Health to enable the provision of contemporary, high quality, person-centred clinical nursing practice.
The McGrath Breast Care CNC will:
The CNC also initiates and utilises findings of research in the provision of clinical services, contributes to the development and delivery of specialty related education programs and participates in the strategic and operational planning for patients within the specified discipline.
In addition, the CNC provides education and support for staff, patients and carers and works to ensure high quality patient care is delivered in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines. The CNC assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with patients and the multidisciplinary health care team to achieve quality health care outcomes.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Minimum 5 years post-basic registration with experience in Breast Care nursing
- Post graduate qualifications in Breast Care Nursing
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously, and practice independently and interdependently (within scope of practice)
- Extensive wound care experience and knowledge of simple and complex wounds; and take on a consultative role within MUH for the same
- Experience in drain removal and seroma drainage (where required for post-operative patients)
- Demonstrated relevant and current experience in education and a demonstrated commitment to clinical teaching and education of others
- Demonstrated experience with quality, clinical trials and/or other research activities
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving skills
- Evidence of professional development commensurate with the level of autonomy and authority expected of the position
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues and other health professionals
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement and takes an active role in the ISO Certification process to meet ISO9001 standards incorporating Core Standards for Safety and Quality and willingness to initiate and contribute to quality activities.
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Strong computer literacy
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain
- Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- Membership of relevant professional organisation/sNew South Wales Nurses Registration List A
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Clinical Nurse Specialist McGrath Breast Care Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close at midnight Friday 20 July 2018.
Apply for this Position