Registered Nurse - Theatres (Cardiac and Vascular) (Ref No: 1339)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are seeking dynamic and experienced full time scrub nurse to work in our Theatre department with experience in cardiac and vascular surgery. At Macquarie University Hospital we offer extensive cardiac and vascular surgery including Coronary artery bypass grafts, mitral valve repairs, lobectomies and various robotic surgeries.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current registration as a Nurse in New South Wales
- Sound theatre knowledge
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience scrubbing for Cardiac and Vascular surgery
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible with shift availabilities
- High level of computer literacy
- Proven ability to establish sound relationships with peers and clients using a customer service focus
- Proven ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
- Relevant experience in coordinating a Cardiothoracic & Vascular service will be highly regarded
You must have the right to work in Australia.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Registered Nurse Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close at midnight Friday 29 June 2018.
Apply for this Position