Sleep Technician (Ref No: 1332)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care. Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie Respiratory and Sleep at Macquarie University Hospital focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders and respiratory disease. An exciting new opportunity is available for suitably experienced Adult Sleep Technicians. You will be engaged in the setup, care and performance of clinical diagnostic and CPAP titration patient polysomnography (PSG) in Australia’s first digital hospital, based in North Ryde.
We have casual positions available to work in our busy 4 bed clinical sleep unit. We offer flexible rostering across Monday through Thursday nights. This position requires patient focused, technically excellent PSG provision. Experience using Philips Alice 6 systems with G3 software and Omnilab machines is advantageous.
Your activities would include:
- Adoption of an instructional role in health care for patients, relatives, technical and other sleep unit staff
- Overnight 10/20 setup of patients, overnight PSG monitoring and CPAP titration/treatment optimisation.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will need to possess the following:
- Must have a minimum of 12 months Adult PSG and CPAP titration experience
- Must possess genuine patient empathy and be patient focused
- Excellent communicator with a passion to impart knowledge
- Strong work ethic and capacity to work independently as well as part of a team
- Computer skills especially in relation to medical and technical software
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Enquiries and applications, please contact Darren O’Brien, Sleep Unit Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 April 2018. Applicants should send a cover letter and CV outlining their experience.