Assistant Accountant (Ref No: 1325)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant on a full time fixed term basis, for approximately 12 months, to provide support to our busy Finance team. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for managing the hospitals sundry ledgers, cash reporting processes and providing the wider finance team with general administrative support as required.
- Previous work experience in an accounting support function, preferably within the healthcare industry (i.e. at a private hospital billing, health fund, public hospital or medical practice).
- Experience in processing of month-end transactions, account reconciliations, and sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience in transactional accounting support within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of current financial and accounting systems.
- Well-developed verbal, analytical, organisational and written skills.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Assistant Accountant Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Position