Senior Management Accountant (Ref No: 1314)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are seeking a Senior Management Accountant on a full time basis to Assist the Finance Manager in providing financial control to Macquarie University Hospital and Clinic entities. The position is responsible for assisting in coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system and processes that properly reflects the financial position of Macquarie University Hospital and Clinics while supervising and supporting the Finance team.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting (Preferably CPA Qualified)
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to supervise finance and non-finance staff
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills
- Ability to identify issues independently and initiate improvements to processes or procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff from all levels of the organisation
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- High attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal, written, analytical, and organisation skills
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Be respectful of the needs of patients, visitors and other staff and maintain a professional approach
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Senior Management Accountant Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position