Registered Nurse - CCU (Ref No: 1312)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic registered nurse to join our dedicated team of nurses in our Coronary Care Unit on a full time basis. This is an exciting opportunity for staff who are interested in increasing their skills in a high acuity coronary care area
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current AHPRA registration
- At least 2-5 years of recent experience in cardiology /critical care
- Relevant experience in providing Holistic care to pre/post op cardiothoracic, cardiology patients
- Commitment to clinical skills development and self-directed learning
- Proven communication and team work skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
- Evidence of professional development and proven commitment to ongoing learning
- A commitment to deliver exceptional patient centric care
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and information technology skills
- Well-developed skills to manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to quality assurance activities and working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objective
- Demonstrate motivational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing and health care trends, issues and directions
- Demonstrate and lead others in the delivery of good nursing care and customer service
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues, doctors and other health professionals
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Computer literacy
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Registered Nurse
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position