Nurse Unit Manager, Recovery (PACU) (Ref No: 1306)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Recovery (PACU) Nurse Unit Manager on a permanent, full time basis. The Recovery Nurse Unit Manager (NUM), is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective Recovery services that achieve optimal patient outcomes. They ensure the delivery of high quality nursing and perioperative care in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines. The NUM manages the resources and staff of the Recovery team. They will provide management, mentorship and support in the achievement of excellence in nursing practice. The NUM will promote a culture that embraces best practice and identifies, evaluates and incorporates appropriate emerging trends in the practice of the clinical disciplines within their unit.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Demonstrate understanding of Surgical Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrate management skills with ability to take initiative in resolving issues and problems
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrate motivational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrate commitment to and working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing and health care trends, issues and directions
- Evidence of professional development commensurate with the level of autonomy and authority expected of the position
- Demonstrate and lead others in the delivery of good nursing care and customer service
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues, doctors and other health professionals
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement and takes an active role in the ISO Certification process to meet ISO9001 standards incorporating Core Standards for Safety and Quality and willingness to initiate and contribute to quality activities
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Ability to identify and analyse options and make informed decisions
- Computer literacy
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Nurse Unit Manager Recovery (PACU) Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position