Nurse Educator Perioperative Services (Ref No: 1301)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated person with relevant experience to manage and coordinate Theatre lists/allocation. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated leader to fill this challenging role. The role will suit a senior administrator or a nurse with perioperative experience and strengths in administration and organisation.
We are seeking a dynamic personality to hold the position of Nurse Educator, Perioperative Services. The Nurse Educator, Perioperative Services is responsible for promoting a culture of development and inquiry that actively encourages and facilitates clinical and professional learning in the Perioperative Service. They work in partnership with the Perioperative Nurse Manager, Nursing Unit Managers of the Operating Suite and PACU and wider hospital team to plan and facilitate education programs in regard to orientation, mandatory training and assessment, competency development in basic and advanced nursing skills, specialty education and professional development. The Nurse Educator, Perioperative Services will collaborate with others to provide specialty related education to nurses within Macquarie University Hospital and tertiary institutions. They will provide education consultancy, support, career advice, leadership and mentorship of nursing staff at all levels
- Demonstrated relevant and current experience in an education role
- Demonstrated relevant and current experience in perioperative nursing (Theatres, Anaesthetics & Recovery)
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrated motivational, and problem solving skills
- Evidence of professional development commensurate with the level of autonomy and authority expected of the position
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues, doctors and other health professionals
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement and takes an active role in the ISO Certification process to meet ISO9001 standards incorporating Core Standards for Safety and Quality and willingness to initiate and contribute to quality activities
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Ability to identify and analyse options and make informed decisions
- Computer literacy
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain
- Membership of relevant professional organisations
- Tertiary qualifications in perioperative specialty or adult education or equivalent
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Nurse Educator Perioperative Services Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position