Perioperative Services Manager (Ref No: 1279)
Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital is currently seeking a suitably experienced and dynamic Perioperative Services Manager with experience running a large theatre complex. This position will work closely with the Perioperative Service Team to ensure the smooth running of the Operating Theatres as well as the Sterilising Services Unit, Anaesthetics and Recovery.
The Perioperative Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality care in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines. With the support of Floor Coordinators, Clinical Coordinators, Educators and Specialist Nurses, the Perioperative Services Manager coordinates the team within the perioperative environment, liaises with Accredited Practitioners and Nursing Staff to ensure theatre lists run efficiently, ensuring excellent patient outcomes and exceeding doctor expectation
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Experience in management of a perioperative setting
- Ability to take Initiative in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with both clinical and operational teams as well as Accredited Practitioners at all levels
- Knowledge of the Clinical Governance structure and ability to provide adequate guidance and monitoring of clinical standards within the facility
- Self-confident and motivated to achieve goals within allocated timeframes
- Demonstrate the ability to empower, motivate and develop employees to maximise their contribution and potential
- Ability to operate with limited guidance and to make a significant contribution to the implementation of strategy
- Ability to ensure legislative compliance
To be successful in your application you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience within the Perioperative setting
- Have proven ability to manage human, physical and financial resources within a hospital setting
- Demonstrate highly developed customer service orientation
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
- Priority access to Child Care facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Perioperative Services Manager Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position