Clinical Documentation Specialist (Ref No: 1274)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only a 25 minute drive from Sydney’s CBD.
An exciting opportunity now presents at Macquarie University Hospital! Reporting to the Manager, Health Information Services you will be responsible for conducting clinical based concurrent reviews of inpatient episodes in an effort to facilitate the overall quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of clinical documentation in medical records. This role in turn will support the delivery of high quality patient care, the clinical coding process, adherence to quality standards and accreditation requirements and appropriate reimbursement of revenue based on accurate reflection of episode complexity. This position will work very closely with Nursing teams, Nurse Leads, Doctors and Health Information Services departments. You will regularly monitor and evaluate statistics to ensure targets and key performance indicators are met.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Nursing, Allied Health, Medicine, Health Information Management or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge in clinical documentation standards
- Understanding of clinical coding documentation requirements
- Understanding of Private Health funding model
- Understanding of accreditation standards and quality frameworks
- Proven ability and experience in implementing change management processes
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- High level communication and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and within diverse teams
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Advanced computing skills with demonstrated experience in collecting and managing data
- High degree of reliability and punctuality
- Willingness to participate in continuing education for self
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Clinical Documentation Specialist
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this position