Clinical Nurse Educator – Endoscopy (Ref No: 1241)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital is seeking a dynamic, confident and experienced Clinical Nurse Educator on a part time basis. We are seeking a highly skilled Endoscopy Nurse with excellent team leader skills to join our team.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current registration as a Nurse in New South Wales with AHPRA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the Endoscopy area
- Minimum 1 year experience in team leading or education
- Experience in anaesthetic nursing in Endoscopy
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate and liaise in a multidisciplinary team/environment
- Ability to manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Sound knowledge and understanding of GENCA guidelines
- Experience in Endoscope cleaning and reprocessing
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and quality activities
- Extensive experience in the Endoscopy setting; in particular cleaning and sterilization of scopes
- Proven ability to coordinate staff to achieve compliance with mandatory competency requirements
- Strong prioritisation skills to match workload demand in line with daily requirements of the unit
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience in working with Endoscopy standards and guidelines
- Good understanding of anaesthetic requirements in Endoscopy
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Clinical Nurse Educator Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position