Data Quality Coordinator (Ref: 1219)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH is seeking a dynamic, confident, experienced professional for the position of Data Quality Coordinator for a period of 12 months. You will be responsible for completing statutory reporting requirements and clinical indicators, monitor and manage scanning and uploading processes as required, participate in quality activities and completing monthly audits.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (HIM) or equivalent health sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the process of electronic health records and integration with a range of other systems.
- Understanding of medico-legal processes and relevant state and federal legislation and demonstrated capacity to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Up-to-date knowledge of state and federal privacy legislations and regulations.
- Understanding of clinical coding.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in the management of self, including organization skills, the ability to work under pressure, the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement of process and service quality.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
- Priority access to Child Care facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Data Quality Coordinator Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position