System Administrator (Ref No: 1183)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Systems Administrator on a full time basis in our busy IT team. The Systems Administrator, guided by the Manager of IT Infrastructure, is responsible for assisting in maintaining the MUH IT Infrastructure which comprises of networks (wired, wireless and storage), virtual and physical server infrastructure, client access and virtualisation platforms. The position plays a supporting role within the IT Department in protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Hospital’s information assets, as well as liaising with vendors, maintaining the Hospital’s information architecture, enhancing user engagement, and improving Hospital productivity.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, enterprise infrastructure technologies such as SANS, blade servers, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2, Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server 2005 -2016
- Demonstrated and comprehensive knowledge and experience with operating systems and software platforms critical to a digital hospital environment, specifically Microsoft and Linux/Unix based platforms
- Demonstrated and comprehensive knowledge of contemporary enterprise infrastructure platforms, physical and virtual servers, client access platforms, switching and routing, firewalls, mobile devices, networks (wired, wireless and storage)
- Experience providing IT systems education, training, and support to stakeholders
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to liaise with multidisciplinary teams
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a rotating roster
- Degree in information technology, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience is desired
- Experience in a health environment is desired
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Systems Administrator
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system. Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position