Diet Supervisor (Ref: 1086)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only a 25 minute drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital is currently seeking a casual self-motivated Diet Supervisor. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills as well as well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills to provide nutrition support to our patients. The position is based on shift work and requires the successful candidate to be flexible, including being able to work morning and afternoon shifts and weekends.
The role of the Diet Supervisor is to ensure a patients meal selection consists of adequate and appropriate food choices and may involve:
- Liaising with Dieticians/Chefs/Speech Pathologists to ensure optimal nutrition status for patients
- Assisting patients with dietary requirements and diet selection
- Assisting patients with completing their menu choices
- Completing tray cards/production reports as required
- Participating in departmental training programs
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Certificate IV Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition & Dietetics) or equivalent
- Knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets within hospital environment
- Availability for a variety of shifts
- A thorough understanding of HACCP and Food Safety Issues
- Sound knowledge of WH&S
- Demonstrate effective time management
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Well-developed computer and administrative skills
- A current Police Record Check and a Working with children Clearance
- Previous experience as a Nutrition Assistant or equivalent
- Experience using the Digital Patient Services System
- Knowledge of quality improvement practices in the workplace
- Experience in a food services environment, preferably health services based
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Diet Supervisor Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position