Registered Nurse - Day Surgery (Ref No: 0000dsu)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 minutes’ drive from Sydney’s CBD and buses.
Macquarie University Hospital is seeking experienced, motivated and passionate Registered Nurses for our Day Surgery Department.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years’ post Grad experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a Day Surgery
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and a proven ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Sound understanding of theatre
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and exercise independent professional judgement and critical thinking
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to be flexible between morning and afternoon shifts
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development
- Right to work in Australia, or a current visa that allows you the right to work in Australia
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions – Monday to Friday
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
You must have the right to work in Australia.
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Registered Nurse
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Apply for this Position