Housekeeper (Ref No: 1083)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only a 25 minute drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH is currently seeking dynamic and efficient individuals to assist the Hotel Services team for morning, afternoon and evening shifts to deliver outstanding service to clients, staff and visitors. You will be required to work to job specifications, meet quality standards, have the ability to communicate clearly and be versatile in all facets of detail cleaning including floors, bathrooms, offices, fixtures and fittings.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Availability to work across all 7 days of the week is preferable
- Previous experience in housekeeping services
- Extensive knowledge of cleaning techniques
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Readiness to participate in departmental training programs
- Ability to work independently and to work with others in a friendly manner
- Ability to complete scheduled tasks in a set time frame
- Maintain high standards of quality around the hospital and clinic building
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this position