Operating Theatre Assistant - Endoscopy (Ref No: 1252)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only a 25 minute drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital is seeking motivated and service-driven Operating Theatre Assistants on a casual or part time basis to be responsible for assisting nursing and medical staff within the Endoscopy department to ensure a safe and efficient work area. The successful incumbent will be a competent operating theatre assistant with good communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment. You will be required to work to job specifications, meet quality standards, have the ability to communicate clearly and be versatile.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a highly demanding and fast paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to assist both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude with the ability to follow instructions in a timely manner
- Willingness to participate in quality control, self-development and extensive departmental training programs
- Previous experience in Operating Theatre role or similar, preferably in a private hospital environment
- Previous knowledge of medical instruments and medical terminology
- Experience in patient care and patient services
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Operating Theatre Assistant Endoscopy Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position