Cardiac Technologist (Ref No: 1236)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH is seeking a Cardiac Technologist to join the dynamic team in the Angiography Department. This role includes monitoring during all cardiac procedures performed in Angiography - including ECG, Coronary Angiograms and Interventions, cardiac device implantation and percutaneous valve procedures.
The role will initially commence part time (24 hours per week) with a view to move to full time in 2018.
Candidates with the relevant experience will be provided training in the performance, reporting and distribution of associated reports for the procedures to doctors and other relevant parties.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant science field (Human Movement, Exercise Physiology, Biomedical Science or other Health Related Science)
- Experience monitoring in Cardiac Catheter Laboratory or willingness to learn same in a supported environment
- Ability to participate in on-call roster for Cardiac Catheter Laboratory
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior computer Skills and IT literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills
- Willingness to undertake further education as required
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Cardiac Technologist Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position